The Need and Structure
1. It will be called an Advisory Council of (name of your project or your own name) thus signaling its advisory nature to FLI;
2. Board members be 3-6 people of your choosing but not more than one member is a relative;
3. At least one member lives in the country you are serving.
4. The Advisory Council meets at least twice a year.
5. The meetings can be done with all or most members in the same geographic location or the meetings can be conducted on Skype or other form of phone conferencing;
6. Agenda and minutes be maintained.
The Function of the Advisory Council
1. Provide general oversight of the project;
2. Monitor progress toward the stated goals of the project;
3. Supervise the financial state of the project and use of funds;
4. Provide encouragement, professional advice, spiritual counsel as necessary, advocacy, resources and strategic thinking for your work;
5. Monitor fund raising appeals
6. Approve Expense Reports for US nationals
The relationship of the Advisory Council to the Board of Faith and Learning International
1. Send copies of the agenda and minutes of each council meeting to FLI following each meeting. We ask that you meet at least two times per year.
2. Fill out an Advisory Council Report Form (attached)
3. Contact FLI in the event of any irregularities or concerns regarding the finances, the moral conduct of any member of the organization or deviation from the stated purpose or stated goals of the organization.
4. Send names of current advisory board members and update as changes may occur.